Kamis, 26 Maret 2015

Examples of Descriptive Text (Thing)

My Doll
My favorite toy is a doll. I named my doll Becky. I got in in my 12th birthday. My dad bought it for me when he was in England.
Becky is 16 cm tall doll with plastic head, arms, and legs and a white cloth stuffed body. Her body is covered with yellow, orange, and green flower bud prints. She has a long auburn-red brush-able hair, green eyes. There are freckles on her cheek. There are also two dimples near her mouth on the left and on the right. They make her more beautiful. I put her at my side when I sleep at night.
I like my doll very much. I sometimes ask my friends to come to my house and play with Becky. They like Becky too.

SMALL HOUSE
            I live in a small house. It has five rooms: there are a living room, a dinning room, a kitchen, a bed room, and a bathroom. Indeed it is a small house, but I like living in here for spending my spare time.
            When the door is open, I can see the living room. It is small with only one sofa, two tables and one television. I often watch TV while reading some books in this room.
            Behind the living room there is a dinning room. There is nothing special in this room. There are only some chairs and table for having braekfast, lunch, and dinner with my family.
            In the left side of the dinning room there is a kitchen. Althought it is small, but everything I need for cooking is available there.
            In the right side of the living room there is a bedroom. Actually there are two parts in my bed room, but it is counted one as it is merged into one big bed room. In this room there is a table next to the bed, a TV, a radio, and a computer. Next to my bed room is my father’s. I do not know what the things are available inside, because I never come to see it.
            In the left side of the living room there is a kitchen. While beside the kitchen there is also a bathroom. It is not too big, but it is clean enough.
            I know it is a very small house, but it is the best place I have.

Guitar
My most valuable possession is an old, slightly warped blond guitar--the first instrument taught myself how to play. 
It's nothing fancy, just a Madeira folk guitar, all scuffed and scratched and finger-printed. At the top is a bramble of copper-wound strings, each one hooked through the eye of a silver tuning key.
The body of the Madeira is shaped like an enormous yellow pear, one that was slightly damaged in shipping. The blond wood has been chipped.
No, it's not a beautiful instrument, but it still lets me make music, and for that I will always treasure it.



2 komentar: